Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SCAMMER] Student/Dev From Spain (multiple names)

Replies

• SpeedSpeed Posts: 615
    edited February 2012
    I can't see anything that we could do on this forum specifically to mitigate this issue, rather than just keep banning these accounts used for scamming. If the client does not feel safe about sending money up front, that should be a tip off that the deal may be illegitimate. Also, I would look into finding a reliable escrow service that could middleman the transaction.
  • diyoradiyora Posts: 24
    edited February 2012
    sacha1996 wrote: »

Guys, I don't know if it can help, but I found the iTunes account of one of the scammers.

If you go on his apps, you can see the name : Amine Jihari
    As speed said, his mail is amine.spain@...
    I personally dealt with this person and he ript me off.

He just asked me to do a simple text-to-speech and I did, send it to him and he never replied me back. You can see it on: App Store - Speaker: Message Reader, Mail or anything that you put!
    This is the simple thing I have done for him.

I looked at the changes to Free app on Appshopper and saw perhaps this app, and it looked exactly the same app as I did for him, so I researched and I found out this is the scammer.

You can even see the browser that somebody else did for him: http://itunes.apple.com/app/full-scr...492420143?mt=8
    And was ripped too.

I hope it can help you guys (and me that was also a victim...)
    You can even see the browser that somebody else did for him: http://itunes.apple.com/app/full-scr...492420143?mt=8

Hi,

This application is developed me. Scammer is dgener & his mail id is mariaalmenara@mail.com
    Just beware of this guy.
  • sorrysorry Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Hi, my brother have scammed people here.

I want to pay to this people. Please, victims send me a message to arrive to an agreement. Payments by paypal.
    I will reply in less than 24 hours.
    My brother have symptom of kleptomania. I'm sorry.

MODERATOR: dont remove my message, I just want to pay the victims, then you can remove me if you want.

Thanks
  • RhadeRhade Posts: 661 @ @ @
    edited February 2012
    sorry wrote: »
    Hi, my brother have scammed people here.

I want to pay to this people. Please, victims send me a message to arrive to an agreement. Payments by paypal.
    I will reply in less than 24 hours.
    My brother have symptom of kleptomania. I'm sorry.

MODERATOR: dont remove my message, I just want to pay the victims, then you can remove me if you want.

Thanks

You do not earn benefit of the doubt when you remove my warning from your post. It just makes you look like a liar. And I will continue to assume that you are. And don't worry, you will be gone again soon. You are on a very short leash here.

So, once again, fellow readers are advised that this user is registered with a temporary email address, and has the same ISP information as the scammers.
    Do not quote questionable posts.
    Do not post moderator requests in public. Send a PM.
    vvvvv ---- Use the flag button to report spam.
    edited February 2012
    Rhade wrote: »
    You do not earn benefit of the doubt when you remove my warning from your post. It just makes you look like a liar. And I will continue to assume that you are. And don't worry, you will be gone again soon. You are on a very short leash here.

So, once again, fellow readers are advised that this user is registered with a temporary email address, and has the same ISP information as the scammers.

Hi, yes, I have same ISP (I dont know what is that) but it's because we are in the same home.

I have started paying people.
    Temporally email if for register in the forum and avoid spam.

When I pay all people I will send you a PM and you can ban me if you want, but please wait a few days.
    Thanks and sorry again.
    edited February 2012
    Ok, well, when some of those people start confirming that they have been paid, I might start believing you.
  • chaseactonchaseacton United StatesPosts: 550 @ @ @
    edited February 2012
    Ok, well, when some of those people start confirming that they have been paid, I might start believing you.

This is real. I just got paid.
    edited February 2012
    I just sent my PM to that user, I guess I'll see what comes of it. I'll update this post when/if I receive a response with the verdict.
  • DomeleDomele Posts: 2,991 @ @ @ @ @
    edited February 2012
    If this pans out, props to the sibling for trying to make things right. Just make sure to confirm that a person actually worked for your brother, I'd hate for scammers to take advantage of this.
    If you are looking for a quality developer, I'm your man. Give me a PM if you are interested.<br />
    <br />
    New app - See screenshots and details at <a href="http://www.globaclock.com"; target="_blank">www.globaclock.com</a>.<br />
    <br />
    If you want to
    edited February 2012
    Just replied all PMs.
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys, if you can afford it, I ask that you consider letting the debt go and not making the poor guy pay for his brother's mistakes. I mean unless he can extract money from his brother. I find the gesture enough and I feel bad taking his money knowing that he did nothing. I hope you guys feel the same.
    If you are looking for a quality developer, I'm your man. Give me a PM if you are interested.<br />
    <br />
    New app - See screenshots and details at <a href="http://www.globaclock.com"; target="_blank">www.globaclock.com</a>.<br />
    <br />
    If you want to
    edited February 2012
    Domele wrote: »
    Hey guys, if you can afford it, I ask that you consider letting the debt go and not making the poor guy pay for his brother's mistakes. I mean unless he can extract money from his brother. I find the gesture enough and I feel bad taking his money knowing that he did nothing. I hope you guys feel the same.

He volunteered, nobody is making him do anything. He could have made the original scammer pay the money, or he can work on getting repayment himself from the brother directly after the fact. I'm also making an assumption that the parents could get involved.

For all we know, this is the scammer himself who has figured out that the admins are going to keep banning his accounts here, and thinks that he can buy his way back into our good graces so that he can start posting jobs again because he actually needs the help.

If I am owed money, then someone making a nice gesture does not change the fact that I am owed money. Nor does it reduce my desire to be paid.
    edited February 2012
    I see your point, I'm not forgiving the debt, just not going to collect it from his brother/whoever the user is. While he could be making all this up, unless I have some proof, I'm not going to collect, especially since he could only afford $25. I'd rather take the chance that the story is real and not burden the dude and possibly miss out on $25 if it turns out the user is the scammer, than collect a miniscule $25. Just my two cents, if you want, take the money. Now, if he starts posting job offers, then I might demand my money. Probably by then, it'll be too late, but again, only risking $25.
    <br />
    <br />
    If you want to
  • Objective ZeroObjective Zero Posts: 1,235 @ @ @ @
    edited February 2012
    Keeping out spammers requires a lot of manual intervention. What makes you think there is anything that can be done about this?

Like I said earlier in this thread, why don't you add a spammer prevention feature where you must have at least 10 posts or something like that before you can post for a Job?
    If spammers are a huge issue, which is in this forum, this is the only real way to go.

This concept comes from the same way StackOverflow runs.
    <a href="http://google.com"; target="_blank">Questions?</a><br />
    <br />
    Check out my OCR app!<br />
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/app/ocr-pro/id486512712?mt=8"; target="_blank">http://itunes.apple.com/app/ocr-pro/id486512712?mt=8</a>;
    edited February 2012
    Like I said earlier in this thread, why don't you add a spammer prevention feature where you must have at least 10 posts or something like that before you can post for a Job?
    If spammers are a huge issue, which is in this forum, this is the only real way to go.

This concept comes from the same way StackOverflow runs.

1. It's not something the moderators can do. It would be an admin function, assuming that vBulletin even has the option.
    2. Did you read the rest of the post that you quoted?
    3. Spam is a site-wide problem, it actually isn't that big of deal here in the Jobs forum specifically.
    edited February 2012
    diyora wrote: »
    Hi,

This application is developed me. .

You have your inbox of messages full. Please check..
    Thanks
    edited February 2012
    I have just sent some payments.. have you guys received it?
  • iphonedevtechnewiphonedevtechnew Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    I received $30 today .
    edited February 2012
    I also received a $50 payment from the "sorry" account.
  • sacha1996sacha1996 Posts: 494 @ @
    edited February 2012
    I also received $40 yesterday
  • tsofttsoft Posts: 41
    edited February 2012
    I was also paid. I would still be careful when dealing with this person. I heard at least three distinct and very different reasons for the delay.
    edited February 2012
    This is outrageous. I just received an email from PayPal today saying that the "payment" of $50 that the scammer's "sister" sent me had unauthorized activity on their account and now they want their money back.

Here's the email:

Hello chase acton,

An unauthorized account activity claim was recently filed against the
    following transaction.

Sender’s name: Rosa Ceniceros Garrido
    Sender’s email: tienda_xbox360_ps3@hotmail.com
    Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction date: Feb 6, 2012
    Transaction amount: $50.00 USD
    Your transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Case number: PP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

We need additional information from you within the next 7 days. Please log
    in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center to see the
    details of this case. There, you can enter any information regarding this
    case that will help us fight the reversal on your behalf.

Thanks,

PayPal
    edited February 2012
    UPDATE:

PayPal has completed their review and gave the money back to the "sister" of the scammer. I don't know what's going on, but they are simply up to no good.

Admins: Please ban the "sister's" IP.

Please post here if the same thing happened to you.
    edited February 2012
    Anyone else with the same issue?
    edited February 2012
    Anyone else with the same issue?

Haven't had any disputes on my end.