Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SCAMMER] Student/Dev From Spain (multiple names)

SpeedSpeed Posts: 615Registered Users
edited September 2012 in Testimonials
Just wanted to make this thread to give a heads up to anyone that is browsing this sub-section. Recently, there has been a user that has been scamming and misleading users in this forum by making them do work and not responding, receiving code then not paying, etc. By the looks of the thread titles and whatnot, these seem to be from the same person who is making multiple accounts. The users currently accused of doing this are below:

Montizer
ElCorteIngles
Base119
Longtrip
Lauramena (unconfirmed, but has the same ISP and IP location as the users above)
dgener (unconfirmed, but has the same ISP and IP location as the users above)
wifli (unconfirmed, but has the same ISP and IP location as the users above)
Laia (unconfirmed, but has the same ISP and IP location as the users above)
newlife (unconfirmed, but has the same ISP and IP location as the users above)

Threads for reference:

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development-jobs/93308-we-need-developer.html
http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development-jobs/92356-we-need-developer.html
http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development-jobs/94130-want-earn-150usd-fast.html
http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development-jobs/95901-ios-developer-needed.html

These users have been known to use these emails:

i7 <ihomeismine@gmail.com>
6vague9@gmail.com
amine.spain@gmail.com
MS <mail.service512@gmail.com>
quicksilverboy@terra.es
mariaalmenara@mail.com
pagos@email.com
alexpro112@gmail.com
amjhbo1@gmail.com
facebook_spain@live.com

And the following names:

Alberto
David
Luis Garcia Perez
Alex Garrido Lopez

Partial IP History (dynamic) (added by baja_yu)

83.45.105.226 > 226.Red-83-45-105.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net
83.50.76.238 > 238.Red-83-50-76.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net
2.138.147.191 > 191.Red-2-138-147.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net
2.138.147.167 > 167.Red-2-138-147.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net
83.50.72.156 > 156.Red-83-50-72.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net

All appear to be from the same ISP, from Spain.

They also linked to the following websites:

http://germerweb.com
http://4-m.es

And have been said to be in these countries:

France
Spain

Projects they've been known to ask for:

Photo viewing application
Document downloading/handling application
Mapkit Example
Fatbooth Type Application
Web Browser

It seems that they are looking for examples rather than complete applications.

They may also have you do a small job prior to a big project, to "prove your skills". In these cases, you will be paid the small amount of compensation for that project, only to make you feel safe up until the point where they do not pay you for a larger project.

I have personally dealt with both of the users listed in the title and here is what occurred:
I first dealt with ElCorteIngles. After sending the finished code, he responded with a Skype name saying that he found an error with it and it was not running. He never accepted me on Skype, and I never heard from him again.
I next dealt with Montizer. I was very dubious because he gave me the same website that he was from. He agreed that he would send me the code after "he sees the first alphas". I then sent him a video of an alpha-version of the application that he wanted, and he quit responding. This time, he just inconvenienced me and didn't even receive anything from it.

Other user experiences:
Domele wrote:
He asked me to do a tiny tiny sample audio application for $15 and payed me promptly via Paypal (where the name and email came from). After that he asked my to develop a searchable webview for around $85. When I gave him the code to test out, he said it was fine and upon further bug squashing, said it crashed. He also said he couldn't add it to his project.
he asked for an app similar to fatbooth and then, asked for a browser like app both, he wanted to integrate with his other app. I gave him the browser app, and then he asked for paypal and minor change in the flow. afterwards, he comes and says that was not what he asked for!!

Always makes sense, to have something in hand before you give the code.

thanks

-iCD
linkmx wrote:
I made the app for him, he said it didn't work, even though it was working fine for me, his mail is mail.service512@gmail.com he's listed as a scammer in this thread -> iPhone Dev SDK Forum - Powered by vBulletin
diyora wrote:
Hello guys,

I am taken this project. I am completed my work successfully. But this guy is not pay my money for that. Last time when i talk with him he says he transfer my whole payment via bank transfer. But i am not get any payment. It is around 15 days when we talk.
Now he is not reply my any mails.

Moral of the story, make sure you ask for 30% (ish) as a good gesture before beginning a project so you don't get tricked by these idiots. Also, if they are paying $2000 for an easy application like a sample photo-viewing application, it's probably a lie.
Post edited by baja_yu on

Replies

• sacha1996sacha1996 Posts: 494Registered Users @ @
    edited November 2011
    Hi,
    I was also ripped of by him.
    It's good you have posted this thread !

ONE MORE THING :
    He said me he was from Spain.
  • DomeleDomele Posts: 2,991Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited November 2011
    You should add base119 to the list of users. And also add Luis Garcia Perez to the list of names and add quicksilverboy@terra.es to the list of emails. He asked me to do a tiny tiny sample audio application for $15 and payed me promptly via Paypal (where the name and email came from). After that he asked my to develop a searchable webview for around $85. When I gave him the code to test out, he said it was fine and upon further bug squashing, said it crashed. He also said he couldn't add it to his project.

And also you should note that these usernames are probably the same person.
    If you are looking for a quality developer, I'm your man. Give me a PM if you are interested.<br />
    <br />
    New app - See screenshots and details at <a href="http://www.globaclock.com"; target="_blank">www.globaclock.com</a>.<br />
    <br />
    If you want to
  • SpeedSpeed Posts: 615Registered Users
    edited November 2011
    Domele wrote: »
    You should add base119 to the list of users. And also add Luis Garcia Perez to the list of names and add quicksilverboy@terra.es to the list of emails. He asked me to do a tiny tiny sample audio application for $15 and payed me promptly via Paypal (where the name and email came from). After that he asked my to develop a searchable webview for around $85. When I gave him the code to test out, he said it was fine and upon further bug squashing, said it crashed. He also said he couldn't add it to his project.

And also you should note that these usernames are probably the same person.

Thanks for the information - I've updated the original post.
  • baja_yubaja_yu San FranciscoPosts: 6,215Moderators, Registered Users Admin
    edited November 2011
    This a very interesting topic and I think a valuable 'heads up' for others, but how can you be sure this is the same person?

EDIT: I decided to stick the thread as a note to others.
    edited November 2011
    I can't be sure but it looks like it since it's the same circumstances and the users talk in the same broken English. I also want to add Alex Garrido Lopez to the list, another user told me that was what the Paypal account that he got paid with (small amount) said.

Speed, you might also want to add that these users might try to ask you to do a small project first (less than $30) to gain your trust and then ask you to do a bigger project for a bigger amount.
    If you are looking for a quality developer, I'm your man. Give me a PM if you are interested.<br />
    <br />
    New app - See screenshots and details at <a href="http://www.globaclock.com"; target="_blank">www.globaclock.com</a>.<br />
    <br />
    If you want to
    edited November 2011
    baja_yu wrote: »
    This a very interesting topic and I think a valuable 'heads up' for others, but how can you be sure this is the same person?

I have personally dealt with two out of the three users listed in this thread, and they linked me to the same website as "their company". Just as well, they have said that they were from the same general location (western Europe) and talked, like Domele stated, in the same broken English. Their thread titles and situations also are nearly identical. At this point, I am personally positive that they are the same person.

@Domele, I updated the original post.
  • chaseactonchaseacton United StatesPosts: 550New Users @ @ @
    edited November 2011
    I was scammed by them as well. ALWAYS get a payment up front.
  • icodedevelopericodedeveloper Posts: 2New Users
    edited November 2011
    he asked for an app similar to fatbooth and then, asked for a browser like app both, he wanted to integrate with his other app. I gave him the browser app, and then he asked for paypal and minor change in the flow. afterwards, he comes and says that was not what he asked for!!

thanks

-iCD
    edited November 2011

thanks

-iCD

We need to find his itunes account...
    edited November 2011
    sacha1996 wrote: »
    We need to find his itunes account...

If he even has one. It also looks like he is now asking for mac apps.

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development-jobs/94130-want-earn-150usd-fast.html
  • Objective ZeroObjective Zero Posts: 1,236Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited December 2011
    OMG he wanted me to do a OCR App which he said he was going to pay me $1800 so I do it and he insisted for the project before payment to test! So I negotiated with him for like 45 mins to give me some sort of payment before me sending him anything. I even offered to make a YouTube video showcasing the app. So pretty much he didn't get what he wanted :P
    <a href="http://google.com"; target="_blank">Questions?</a><br />
    <br />
    Check out my OCR app!<br />
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/app/ocr-pro/id486512712?mt=8"; target="_blank">http://itunes.apple.com/app/ocr-pro/id486512712?mt=8</a>;
  • baja_yubaja_yu San FranciscoPosts: 6,215Moderators, Registered Users Admin
    edited December 2011
    Never give code before payment. If they want to test send Ad Hoc builds.
    edited December 2011
    Also, check out http://pieceable.com. You can let customers test applications through the net, and it's free for one hour long sessions.
  • iAppDeviAppDev Posts: 160Registered Users @ @
    edited December 2011
    here's a good idea. don't work with somebody that has less than 50 posts.
    anybody can come and create accounts and scam people.

make sure they have quite a few posts before you start working for them.

just a heads up
  • Objective ZeroObjective Zero Posts: 1,236Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited December 2011
    baja_yu wrote: »
    Never give code before payment. If they want to test send Ad Hoc builds.

I didn't give him any code :P I even said that I could use TestFlight and explained what it was and he even said no to that. I like iAppDev's idea though, I will keep that in mind for the future.

@Baja_yu I don't know if you can add any features to the site but why isn't there anything that helps people looking for jobs so that people must have like 10 posts before posting to the jobs section? Kind of similar as reputation points on StackOverflow.
    <a href="http://google.com"; target="_blank">Questions?</a><br />
    <br />
    Check out my OCR app!<br />
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/app/ocr-pro/id486512712?mt=8"; target="_blank">http://itunes.apple.com/app/ocr-pro/id486512712?mt=8</a>;
  • zzodhuzzodhu Posts: 2New Users
    edited December 2011
    rupenmakhecha@gmail.com

The worst experience of my life in hiring people. Rude and hostile after receiving his money, never cared about any deadlines, always said he was busy, demanded I work on his schedule (India time while I am in US), couldn't be bothered to spell names right or even make a correct invoice/proposal. After a virus from his server infected my site and he didn't care I finally asked for a return of the remaining money which he had offered. He then threatened me with cyber crimes, get me blacklisted and "with one push of a button you will be in a world of trouble". I have all the email threats.

I would say his company site but it looks like he's changed it as its a dead end. This person is trouble.

Beware!
    edited February 2012
    Guys, I don't know if it can help, but I found the iTunes account of one of the scammers.

He just asked me to do a simple text-to-speech and I did, send it to him and he never replied me back. You can see it on: App Store - Speaker: Message Reader, Mail or anything that you put!
    This is the simple thing I have done for him.

I looked at the changes to Free app on Appshopper and saw perhaps this app, and it looked exactly the same app as I did for him, so I researched and I found out this is the scammer.

You can even see the browser that somebody else did for him: App Store - Full Screen Browser App
    And was ripped too.

I hope it can help you guys (and me that was also a victim...)

EDIT: At the end his sister paid me $40...
  • sneakysneaky Posts: 354Registered Users @ @
    edited February 2012
    sacha1996 wrote: »
    Guys, I don't know if it can help, but I found the iTunes account of one of the scammers.

If you go on his apps, you can see the name : Amine Jihari
    As speed said, his mail is amine.spain@...
    I personally dealt with this person and he ript me off.

He just asked me to do a simple text-to-speech and I did, send it to him and he never replied me back. You can see it on: App Store - Speaker: Message Reader, Mail or anything that you put!
    This is the simple thing I have done for him.

I looked at the changes to Free app on Appshopper and saw perhaps this app, and it looked exactly the same app as I did for him, so I researched and I found out this is the scammer.

You can even see the browser that somebody else did for him: App Store - Full Screen Browser App
    And was ripped too.

I hope it can help you guys (and me that was also a victim...)

IANAL but I believe that if you wrote the software and he didn't pay for it it is still your copyright. At this point in time I think the only thing you can do really is ask Apple to have the app taken down based on a copyright claim. Apple - Legal - Claims of Copyright
    edited February 2012
    While it is his work, there is no way to definite way to prove that he developed it and burden of proof is on the accuser. Having the source code isn't enough proof.
    <br />
    <br />
    If you want to
  • premdevpremdev Posts: 3New Users
    edited February 2012
    Domele wrote: »
    While it is his work, there is no way to definite way to prove that he developed it and burden of proof is on the accuser. Having the source code isn't enough proof.
    that's wrong
    edited February 2012
    premdev wrote: »
    that's wrong

Care to back that up? Even if the scammer did copy and use the code, there would be no way to prove that the application on the store is using the exact, stolen code.
  • premdevpremdev Posts: 3New Users
    edited February 2012
  • iphonedevtechnewiphonedevtechnew Posts: 5New Users
    edited February 2012
    How this email ( mariaalmenara@mail.com) has added to the list. I have done a work for her .

Her emails made me to believe her but she is a cheat . She has promised that she will pay but she never reply to my emails and she never appear online in skype.

Email : mariaalmenara@mail.com

I know there is no way to trace her but i just want to know whether she has cheated anyone else.

They must be punished somehow. That person begged for the code and not considered as a human being. I have spent a week without sufficient sleep for 7 days and she has achieved what she needs.

There must be some way to block such persons to this forum . This activities completely spoiling the name of the site.
    edited February 2012
    The admins should implement a system where a user can't post to the jobs board unless they have a decent number of previous posts (10,15, etc.).
  • RhadeRhade Posts: 661Registered Users @ @ @
    edited February 2012
    There must be some way to block such persons to this forum . This activities completely spoiling the name of the site.

Keeping out spammers requires a lot of manual intervention. What makes you think there is anything that can be done about this?
    chaseacton wrote: »
    The admins should implement a system where a user can't post to the jobs board unless they have a decent number of previous posts (10,15, etc.).

This assumes that the people who want to hire are otherwise involved in the community. That is not a reasonable assumption. There are plenty of legitimate job postings from people who made an account for the sole purpose of posting that listing, and then are never to be heard from (in public here, anyway) again. There are plenty of headhunters who have no interest in joining this community, nor should they have to. I'd rather not have 10-15 meaningless posts elsewhere just so that a headhunter can post here.

The bottom line is: buyer beware. If you developed an app without getting any money up front, you screwed up. If you handed over source code without getting any money at all, you screwed up. If a client won't give you money until you provide source code, then don't take the job. It's a risk we take when developing for new people, and it's a lesson we all have to learn, sadly often the hard way.

The only thing in our general favor at the moment is that these scammers are relatively stupid. If they were even just a tiny amount smarter, they could just keep striking again and again and no one would be any wiser until it is too late. There isn't a forum rule anywhere that can prevent that.
    Do not quote questionable posts.
    Do not post moderator requests in public. Send a PM.
    vvvvv ---- Use the flag button to report spam.