Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Registering user input to an app via a tap or 'smack' gesture

GoodJuJuGoodJuJu LondonPosts: 1New Users Noob
Hi,

I am completely new to the world of creating iPhone/iPad apps, but I have just registered here as it looks like a great place to start learning.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. Please feel free to reprimand me and point me in the right direction!

Could somebody please tell me if it possible to have your app register input from tapping the device in your pocket. There would be no physical skin contact with the device, it would be a tap or 'smack' through the fabric of the pocket.

For example, the app is fired up and the device left in the users pocket.... can the user tap the device through the pocket twice to register input as say 'Start'... tap 5 times and have the device register input as 'stop' etc. etc. i.e. a stopwatch that can be started, stopped and/or reset without having to remove the phone from the pocket??

I am aware that there are 'shake' gestures that could potentially be used, but I would like the tap, or smack approach.

Many thanks in advance for any help or advice that can be offered.

Replies