Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help in UITableView - how to play diff sounds when cells are selected

zhydeninazhydenina Posts: 3New Users
edited December 2010 in Tutorial Requests
Dear all,

In my app, I have this tableview. When the user selects a table cell, a sound will be played. When a user selects a different cell, a different sound will be played. I have about 10 cells each to be associated with 10 different sounds.

how could i achieve this, are there any tutorials i can refer to? Thanks for your help :o
Post edited by zhydenina on

Replies

• sukumar_77sukumar_77 Posts: 203Registered Users @ @
    edited May 2009
    Check out following sample code for playing short sound.

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Developer Connection

There are other sample codes, too, to play the sound file at Apple's website.
    - Sushil
  • zhydeninazhydenina Posts: 3New Users
    edited May 2009
    Thanks sukumar for your reply. I'm using AvAudioplayer to play the sounds because my sound files are in .mp3

How do I associate each table cell with each sound file (total 10 .mp3)? Do I store those sound files in an array at the same time I name each table cell?

how could i achieve this, are there any tutorials i can refer to? Thanks for your help :o
  • macboymacboy Posts: 7New Users
    edited December 2010
    zhydenina wrote: »
    Thanks sukumar for your reply. I'm using AvAudioplayer to play the sounds because my sound files are in .mp3

How do I associate each table cell with each sound file (total 10 .mp3)? Do I store those sound files in an array at the same time I name each table cell?

I am trying to do the same thing. Can anyone direct me on a code sample on how to play a sound when a cell is pressed in a uitableview. I have 27 sounds that need to match the text in each cell. I do not need a new view, but just the sound to play. Each sound is under 5 seconds.
  • mishtimishti Posts: 32Registered Users
    hi,

I created tableview and my requirement is ,when i click on cell then all cell play different sound on detail page i.e. when i click on 1st cell, then this cell goes to next view(detail page) and play sound . now when i click on 2nd cell, then this cell goes to next view (detail page)and play different sound from previous sound and on this view show different data from previous data. Here i do get the different data from the previous data.

Thank you