Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment options.

nithiniznithiniz Posts: 26Registered Users
edited March 2012 in Tutorial Requests
Hi all, I'm Nithin. I'm new to the development field.
Coming to the point, i'm gonna create an application which needs the user to pay an amount to order some books. What payment option shall i include in the application for this. The payment option prefers to be via credit or debit cards.
Post edited by nithiniz on

Replies

• MarkCMarkC Yorkshire, EnglandPosts: 1,967iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited November 2009
    Welcome to the forums - and a quick answer is that Apple won't allow any other payment method other than their own In-App purchase method (StoreKit).

Sorry about that!
    neon_images_framed.jpg
  • nithiniznithiniz Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited November 2009
    MarkC wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums - and a quick answer is that Apple won't allow any other payment method other than their own In-App purchase method (StoreKit).

Sorry about that!

I've been searching for all the payment options available. Thanks for your reply that i can stop my search here
  • nithiniznithiniz Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited November 2009
    nithiniz wrote: »
    I've been searching for all the payment options available. Thanks for your reply that i can stop my search here

I got to know that, by redirecting the application to any of the payment gateways like, paypal, authorize.net, etc, we can set up a payment interface for our application. For that, the only thing that we need is to send an HTTP request to that gateway and follow the respone.
    DOES anyyone knows how to implement this in an application. Are their any gateways available for testing our application?
  • shiun75shiun75 Posts: 1New Users
    edited July 2010
    MarkC, if all payment options must go through Apple's app store, how is it that Square (http://www.squareup.com) is able to access payment gateway's with credit card captures from their swipe hardware?
  • dudeofswimdudeofswim Posts: 139Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    shiun75 wrote: »
    MarkC, if all payment options must go through Apple's app store, how is it that Square (http://www.squareup.com) is able to access payment gateway's with credit card captures from their swipe hardware?

Thats not a purchase. Its more of a credit card terminal like the 100s of others in the AppStore and it has a card swipe accesory
    Apple requires you do all inapp purchases to be for software for the app and not for physical goods
  • DiuJadejaDiuJadeja Posts: 4New Users
    edited March 2012
    I am also building the application which requires payment facility.

can anyone post code for this?