Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adwhirl tutorial

jcww33jcww33 Posts: 54Registered Users
edited March 2012 in Tutorial Requests
Can anybody make a video or a more detailed excplenation on how to implement the adwhirl sdk? I'm confused on steps 6-7 on the provided instructions. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by jcww33 on

Replies

• rarindeedrarindeed Posts: 271Registered Users
    edited February 2010
    .app/ads offers the mediation layer AdWhirl offers and more. I've written a detailed guide to get you started if you're interested. Also, I can help you get started personally if that makes more sense.
    <a href="http://www.twitter.com/rarindeed"; target="_blank">@rarindeed<;/a><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://bit.ly/burstly"; target="_blank">Burstly</a> is the only open and free ad management platform for iPhone app developers.
  • dudeofswimdudeofswim Posts: 139Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I am also confused on steps 6 + 7. Would love some help. If someone is however willing to implement the code into my app , I would be more than happy to use thier ad service.
  • etalmoretalmor Posts: 8New Users
    edited August 2010
    dudeofswim wrote: »
    I am also confused on steps 6 + 7. Would love some help. If someone is however willing to implement the code into my app , I would be more than happy to use thier ad service.
    thomas02 wrote: »
    Please anyone have any answers.

I'm a newbie with integrating ads too, but I was successful in integrating adwhirl after a while. The instructions for section 6 aren't clear at all. This is what you need to do:

1) Inside your ViewController.h:

#import "AdWhirlView.h"
    #import "AdWhirlDelegateProtocol.h"

2)

@interface ViewController : UIViewController <AdWhirlDelegate>{
    //your code

3) Inside your ViewController.m:

above the @implementation:

#define kSampleAppKey @yourAdWhirlKey

4) Inside the @implementation:

#pragma mark AdWhirlDelegate methods

- (NSString *)adWhirlApplicationKey{
    return kSampleAppKey;
    }

- (UIViewController *)viewControllerForPresentingModalView{
    return self;
    }

Now for section 7:

5) Inside your ViewController.m

- (void)viewDidLoad {

[super viewDidLoad];

AdWhirlView *awView = [AdWhirlView requestAdWhirlViewWithDelegate:self];

[self.view addSubview:awView];

// that's it!
  • PtashmanPtashman Posts: 1New Users
    edited September 2010
    Hey etalmor, I tried doing what you said, and I rechecked it several times. It is now telling me I have an incomplete implementation of class viewcontroller and in a different error it says that "class 'viewcontroller' does not fully implement the 'adwhirldelegate' protocol." between those two errors is a list of about 60 warnings that say "method definition for 'x' not found" x being something different every time (eg. Adwhirlimpmetricurl, adwhirlcustomadurl, etc, etc). Have you dealt with this problem. I'm a newbie as I'm sure it shows. Any help is very much appreciated.

QUOTE=etalmor;239597]I'm a newbie with integrating ads too, but I was successful in integrating adwhirl after a while. The instructions for section 6 aren't clear at all. This is what you need to do:

1) Inside your ViewController.h:

#import "AdWhirlView.h"
    #import "AdWhirlDelegateProtocol.h"

2)

@interface ViewController : UIViewController <AdWhirlDelegate>{
    //your code

3) Inside your ViewController.m:

above the @implementation:

#define kSampleAppKey @yourAdWhirlKey

4) Inside the @implementation:

#pragma mark AdWhirlDelegate methods

- (NSString *)adWhirlApplicationKey{
    return kSampleAppKey;
    }

- (UIViewController *)viewControllerForPresentingModalView{
    return self;
    }

Now for section 7:

5) Inside your ViewController.m

- (void)viewDidLoad {

[super viewDidLoad];

AdWhirlView *awView = [AdWhirlView requestAdWhirlViewWithDelegate:self];

[self.view addSubview:awView];

// that's it![/QUOTE]
  • etalmoretalmor Posts: 8New Users
    edited October 2010
    Ptashman wrote: »
    Hey etalmor, I tried doing what you said, and I rechecked it several times. It is now telling me I have an incomplete implementation of class viewcontroller and in a different error it says that "class 'viewcontroller' does not fully implement the 'adwhirldelegate' protocol." between those two errors is a list of about 60 warnings that say "method definition for 'x' not found" x being something different every time (eg. Adwhirlimpmetricurl, adwhirlcustomadurl, etc, etc). Have you dealt with this problem. I'm a newbie as I'm sure it shows. Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi I'm sorry but nothing like this happened to me, I would make sure that the adwhirl sdk is included in the project, and recheck the steps for integrating it before steps 6 and 7. good luck
  • Maverick2805Maverick2805 Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    @Ptashman THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR POST!

This helped me a lot and I was able to successfully integrate AdWhirl (TestAds from iAd are showing).

My initial problem was that I did not integrate all Frameworks needed by AdWhirl, but after going through the list it worked perfectly.

Thanks (eventhough it's an old post) again!!

Cheers Mav
  • iDev0iDev0 Posts: 4New Users
    edited January 2012
    i implement iAd and AdMob in my app. and it work perfectly in app
    you can download the sample code of adWhirl from here

AdWhirl Tutorial

if you run app in simulator than its impression not count
    you need to run app in real device
  • estevezestevez Posts: 1New Users
    edited February 2012
    iDev0 wrote: »
    Yes, I use adWhirl in my iphone app.
    and it is live in apple store
    i implement iAd and AdMob in my app. and it work perfectly in app
    you can download the sample code of adWhirl from here
    AdWhirl sample code

It 100% work
    if you run app in simulator than its impression not count
    you need to run app in real device

It really works, but be careful with AdWhirl_Pro it has a dangerous typo. In the sample file “AdWhirl_proViewController.m”, line 13:

#define kSamplaAppKey @”2e8d7eed0b1b102d96dc5b26eaf5c1″;; // Enter your SDK key

should be:

#define kSampleAppKey @”2e8d7eed0b1b102d96dc5b26eaf5c1″;; // Enter your SDK key

Note the ‘e’ on kSampl e AppKey

Be very careful as this error may prevent your sdk key to replace the one used in the example and your app may be published with that key. Also, in the AdWhirl group, into the Internal group there is a file that shouldn’t be there, but you can leave it and just comment out the line 23 (#define kSampleAppKey @”2e8d7eed0b1b102d96dc5b26eaf5c1″;; )
  • iDev0iDev0 Posts: 4New Users
    edited March 2012
    estevez wrote: »
    It really works, but be careful with AdWhirl_Pro it has a dangerous typo. In the sample file “AdWhirl_proViewController.m”, line 13:

#define kSamplaAppKey @”2e8d7eed0b1b102d96dc5b26eaf5c1″;; // Enter your SDK key

should be:

#define kSampleAppKey @”2e8d7eed0b1b102d96dc5b26eaf5c1″;; // Enter your SDK key

Note the ‘e’ on kSampl e AppKey

Be very careful as this error may prevent your sdk key to replace the one used in the example and your app may be published with that key. Also, in the AdWhirl group, into the Internal group there is a file that shouldn’t be there, but you can leave it and just comment out the line 23 (#define kSampleAppKey @”2e8d7eed0b1b102d96dc5b26eaf5c1″;; )

Thanks