Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mapkit to web database help

crcrusercrcruser Posts: 2New Users
edited March 2012 in Tutorial Requests
Hi :), I am relatively new to iOS application development and I was wondering if you were able to help me with my app. I was asked to create an app for a friends company who run a free publication of events happening in the readers local area.

My app involves a map view using the mapkit framework. I have got the map view all set up but am now at a standstill. I want the map to be able to show the locations of these events (by using pins) getting the information (coordinates, name, address price) form a database of sorts on the website but have no clue what so ever how to do this.

I have not created the database yet because I was not sure what needed to be done. Anyway long story short I need multiple pins to appear on a map getting the information from a database on the website

If possible can you please help me
Thanks, Much appreciated :)
Post edited by crcruser on

Replies

• shutterflyproshutterflypro Posts: 87Registered Users @
    edited December 2010
    crcruser wrote: »
    Hi :), I am relatively new to iOS application development and I was wondering if you were able to help me with my app. I was asked to create an app for a friends company who run a free publication of events happening in the readers local area.

My app involves a map view using the mapkit framework. I have got the map view all set up but am now at a standstill. I want the map to be able to show the locations of these events (by using pins) getting the information (coordinates, name, address price) form a database of sorts on the website but have no clue what so ever how to do this.

I have not created the database yet because I was not sure what needed to be done. Anyway long story short I need multiple pins to appear on a map getting the information from a database on the website

I hate to say it this way but if you read up on the mapkit framework in apples provided documentation they go over this in really good detail. I know it easy to get lost in all of their docs but this is one that happens to be fairly straight-forward and easy to do.

Here is the link you need.

Loading…
  • crcrusercrcruser Posts: 2New Users
    edited December 2010
    I hate to say it this way but if you read up on the mapkit framework in apples provided documentation they go over this in really good detail. I know it easy to get lost in all of their docs but this is one that happens to be fairly straight-forward and easy to do.

Here is the link you need.

Loading…

Thank you very much for that I will get reading :)
  • krisscross90krisscross90 Posts: 1New Users
    edited March 2012
    crcruser wrote: »

Hi crcruser,

Just wondering if you ever found out how to do this? Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see the information I need in the link posted above.

I'm making an events finder kind of app, so I'm creating a page where users will be able to add events to a database (name, place, date etc). The idea is that the pins will be added to the map using the information that the user has entered, pulled from the database.

I'm also new to iOS development so I'm sorry if what I'm asking is pretty stupid!

Thanks,
    Kristina